Thursday, September 14, 2017

Email Numero Uno

Hey everybody!
I'm here at the CCM in the Dominican Republic and it's so crazy already! I flew out on Monday night to New York then we flew to Santo Domingo. There were like 15 other Elders that were on the same flight but I don't really like talking with big groups of people so I didn't say very much. 

When we landed we had to go through customs and there was this guy there to pick us up. It was so hot and humid when we got there and I started sweating a lot. We got on this old bus that took us to the CCM. I was really tired and miserable so I wasn't looking out the window the whole time but it was crazy! We drove through the city for a little bit then along the coast for a long ways. There is trash everywhere on the road and there are empty water bottles like every 5 feet. There were just like giant piles of trash in random places so it was super dirty. The first day wasn't very good so probably the highlight was when we were in the bus I saw this giant flaming pile of garbage and nobody even cared, they just drove right by it but it was like a legit fire so that was pretty cool/ghetto. 

When we got the the CCM we had an interview with the President of the CCM. He's pretty strange, he always has this smile on his face but it doesn't look genuine at all and he looks like he's just waiting for you to make a mistake so it's pretty scary being around him. They just told us to unpack our bags so we didn't do anything the first night so that sucked. We didn't go to any classes and I didn't want to be there. I missed everybody even though I had only been gone for less than a day and it sucks to think that I won't see any of you for two years.

Yesterday was a lot better. We had some classes and the food was pretty ok. We eat in this little cafeteria and there are like 40 people here. We hardly learned any Spanish and they always talk in Spanish. They just gave us these 2 papers with words and some books so I think they want us to teach ourselves which is dumb. It's pretty hard and stressful and I'm never organized but it's getting better.

My companions are Elder Durham and Elder Guajardo. I have two companions so I like that a lot and I'm really happy I'm with them instead of some other Elders I came with haha. We played basketball yesterday and I schooled some fools. We play 4 on 4 to two or three buckets so it goes fast but the rim and ball are so bouncy that only layups go in. The temple is right next to us and we went today so that was pretty fun and a good change of pace.

Here's some pictures, there's not a lot to take pictures of because we're in the same building all day long. The pictures are of my view and the temple and the CCM. It says I can only send the pictures on google drive or something so if you cant see them just imagine what it looks like. I miss all of you and I look forward to reading your emails! ​










No comments:

Post a Comment