Monday, July 30, 2018

Elpidio!

This week went by super fast. I don't even remember what happened.

On Tuesday, we went to almost every single one of our appointments and found a lot more new people to teach which is awesome.

We had interviews with President Cowan. He came all the way to Puerto Plata and he and his wife are pretty cool. The interview was pretty good and in English. We were finishing and I asked him how he likes being a mission president so far and then he talked to me for a long time. They are both really nice and I can tell that they are loving it so far.

On Sunday, Dewdy and Marilyn came to church again. They've come 3 Sundays in a row and I'm so happy to have been able to meet and teach them. Elpidio who was going to get baptized came to church again too. He was going to get baptism then the lady he took care of died and her kids kicked him out of the house. He has been living all over the place, but we have been praying for him and prayers work!

I don't even know how to say this word in English but the girls here are so freca. They are so flirty and they don't have any shame. We will just be walking down the street and some girl will just tell us that we look good. Its kind of weird, but blessings come in all sorts of ways I guess haha.

This week wasn't as interesting as the others but I'll make sure to tell some good stories next week.

...

I totally forgot to talk about the best part of the week. The kid in the picture is named Frandy. We had an appointment with him but he wasn't there so we passed by this internet center where there are always a lot of kids and asked where he was. They showed me a video of him fighting with this other kid. I shouldn't laugh, but the video was so funny and they had scissors and everything. Frandy won so its ok. Thats it.


No comments:

Post a Comment