Monday, December 10, 2018

We went to a fish farm

This week was amazing!

These 2 Haitian members moved to our branch about a month ago and we went to go visit them. They live so far away! We had to walk forever to get there. They moved from Haiti to Santo Domingo then to Bonao for work. They take care of a fish farm haha. We shared with them and their friend that was there that doesn't speak a lot of Spanish. I spoke a little bit of Creole with them and they thought it was funny haha. Probably because they're super black and I'm super white. Mwen pa pale kreol. Mwen grangou. Something like that. Thats basically all I know how to say.

We found this family in the area book and went to teach them this week. They are so good WOW! Anderson who is 15 and Hasmerly who is 13 are the 2 kids. They talked to missionaries before and were going to get baptized, but went to live in the US for a while so they didn't. Their grandparents are members and live in Salt Lake City haha. We have been struggling here in Bonao, but I feel like they were a huge blessing.

Last week we had this kid named Joan come to church the first time. We went over to his house on Saturday. There were these 3 girls hanging out with him and his little sister was there too. We taught about the Plan of Salvation. Joan was like backing up our church to his friends and said it's a normal church and they don't do that thing when they make people pass out and nobody yells haha. Elder Tupou invited him to be baptized and the spirit was so strong. He took the 3 girls to church on Sunday and I was so proud of him!

The other night I was thinking and I don't know why I'm so blessed. It's such a blessing to have a family. To live in America. To have to restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel like I have been too blessed. But I am a very grateful boy.

Pictures, 
Me holding up THE BIGGEST CANDY CANE OF ALL TIME!!!

This is basically the only other picture I took this week. Its a swimming pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment