Monday, March 25, 2019

I met a gringo this week

Something really cool happened last that week that I forgot to write about. But we were in splits and this guy stopped on a motorcycle to talk to us. He said that he found an old Book of Mormon in the street and he started to read it. He talked about Nefi and Lehi and he read Joseph Smith's testimony too. He said that he knew it was a book of God. It helped strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I was super happy to find him even though I won't be able to teach him.

We play basketball at the church every once in a while and it's awesome. I love basketball.

I bought an awesome shirt today. I'll send a picture of it next week. 

The CRAZIEST thing happened this week. But there is this inactive family here and we went to visit. But this guy is a gringo 100 percent and he is from Virginia. He used to be a member of the church, but not anymore. His wife is a member too, but she's Dominican. We went to his house on Sunday and he died on Tuesday. Wow it was really sad. But nobody speaks English so they had us go to the hospital and I had to call this guy's son to tell him what happened. It was really sad. A few other things happened during the week with this family and I feel like we were really able to help and she said that we were the answer to some of her prayers. I feel like it was a good ministering opportunity for me and I feel like I'll have more opportunities to help them even after my mission.



The church is true. Going on a mission is the best decision I've ever made. Jesus is our Savior and He lives. 




No comments:

Post a Comment