Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Ardiente, Caliente

This week has been hot! Fevers, and fires in the street, and investigators making moves.

I got super sick this week. We went out to teach for a while, but I felt bad so we went home for an hour. We had some important appointments in the afternoon so I left with a fever of 102.1. Caliente! Then the first one wasn't even there so we taught the second person we had. I still felt sick, but I contacted this dude and he tells us that he hasn't ever been baptized and that he has been thinking about it lately and that he wants to get baptized. KHAN!

We have been teaching Jay for a while and she is doing really good. She has a baptismal date for Saturday but if she drinks she can't get baptized. Her whole family always drinks and we know that its hard for her. She disappeared for a few days and we got really nervous and I had a dream that she drank. But we found her on Sunday and had just been sick. And she told us that she hasn't drunken!

On Monday there was a riot in the whole Cibao (the north part of the country). They made us stay in our house the whole entire day. It was the first day of my mission in the field that I didn't go out to preach. I read a lot of the Book of Mormon though and updated the area book and cleaned the house so it was good. 

On our street they were burning some tires haha. There was a lot of smoke. It was cool. The whole day we could hear gunshots from all around Salcedo. 

I love the mission. The gospel is true. It makes me happy.

VIVA LA REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

No comments:

Post a Comment